A Sight To Behold
The beautiful Washington County Courthouse is as majestic a sight to behold today as it was when built in 1888.The Washington County Courthouse in Salem, Indiana is a Richardsonian Romanesque building that was built in 1888. It was designed by Harry P. McDonald of Louisville and his brother in 1888, and is the third courthouse at that location. Limestone from the area was used in the construction. It is located within the Salem Downtown Historic District.